QLogic Fibre Channel Expansion Card 44X1947
QLogic Expansion Card \ 44X1947 FC \ QLogic 2532
QLogic 8Gb Fibre Channel Card (CIOv) for BladeCenter.
When compared to the previous-generation 4 Gb adapters, the new adapter doubles the throughput speeds for Fibre Channel traffic.
As a result, you can manage increased amounts of data and possibly benefit from a reduced hardware expense.
For example, in bandwidth constrained Microsoft Exchange environments, by using 8 Gb adapters and switches, you can deploy 68% less adapter and switch hardware to support the same number of users as 4 Gb adapters.
The QLogic 2532 8Gb Fibre Channel Expansion Card (CIOv) has the following features:
- CIOv form factor
- QLogic 2532 8Gb ASIC
- PCI Express 2.0 host interface
- Support for two full-duplex Fibre Channel ports at 8 Gbps maximum per channel
- Support for Fibre Channel Protocol Small Computer System Interface (FCP-SCSI) and Fibre Channel Internet Protocol (FC-IP)
- Support for Fibre Channel service (class 3)
- Support for switched fabric, point-to-point, and Fibre Channel Arbitrated Loop (FC-AL) connections
- Support for NPIV when installed in the JS23/JS43
- Configuration and boot support in BIOS and UEFI
QLogic 2532 Operating environment
The expansion card is supported in the following environment:
- Temperature: 10°C to 35°C (50°F to 95°F)
- Relative humidity: 8% to 80% non-condensing
QLogic 2532 Supported servers and I/O modules
The QLogic Expansion Card is installed in the PCI Express CIOv slot of a supported blade server.
It provides connections to Fibre Channel-compatible modules in bays 3 and 4 of the supported BladeCenter chassis.
A maximum of one CIOv is supported per single-wide (30 mm) blade server.
Table 2 lists the BladeCenter servers that support the QLogic 8Gb Fibre Channel Expansion Card (CIOv).