Lenovo Thinksystem SR250 7Y51A029EA
Lenovo ThinkSystem SR250 7Y51A029EA Intel Xeon, 3.5 GHz, processor: E-2146G. RAM memory 16 GB, internal memory type DDR4 SDRAM, memory layout: 1 x 16 GB. Built-in Ethernet connection, cabling technology 10/100/1000Base-T(X). Power supply 450 W. Housing type Rack (1U)
The SR250 server offers enterprise-class reliability features such as error correcting code (ECC), hot-swap components, and advanced RAID protection with flexible storage options at an affordable price.
The SR250 server has a mere 19.6-inch (498 mm) deep chassis, helping customers reduce their business footprint.
The SR250 server offers performance, energy efficiency, and serviceability features, such as NVMe PCIe SSDs, 80 PLUS Gold and Platinum certified power supplies, and easy access to upgrades and serviceable parts (such as memory DIMMs and adapter cards), which is not typically found in the single-socket value servers.
The SR250 server offers easy-to-use, enterprise-class manageability to monitor server availability and perform remote management with the built-in Lenovo XClarity Controller.
Lenovo SR250 Key features
The SR250 7Y51A029EA server is a compact, cost-effective, single-processor 1U rack server that has been optimized to provide enterprise-class features to small-to-medium-sized businesses, retail stores, or distributed enterprises.
Scalability and performance
The SR250 7Y51A029EA server offers numerous features to boost performance, improve scalability, and reduce costs:
- Improves productivity by offering superior system performance with the Intel Xeon E Series processors with up to six cores, up to 12 MB of last level cache (LLC), up to 2666 MHz memory speeds, and up to 8 GT/s bus speed.
- Choice of processors with up to six cores and up to 12 threads to enable the effective use of multithreaded applications.
- Intelligent and adaptive system performance with energy efficient Intel Turbo Boost 2.0 Technology allows CPU cores to run at maximum speeds during peak workloads by temporarily going beyond processor thermal design power (TDP).
- Intel Hyper-Threading Technology boosts performance for multithreaded applications by enabling simultaneous multithreading within each processor core, up to two threads per core.
- Intel Virtualization Technology integrates hardware-level virtualization hooks that allow operating system vendors to better utilize the hardware for virtualization workloads.
- Intel Advanced Vector Extensions (AVX) enable acceleration of enterprise-class and high performance computing (HPC) workloads.
- Provides memory speed, availability, and capacity of up to 64 GB memory with up to four 2666 MHz DDR4 ECC UDIMMs.
- Offers flexible and scalable internal storage in a 1U rack form factor with up to 10x 2.5-inch drives for performance-optimized configurations or up to 4x 3.5-inch drives for capacity-optimized configurations, providing a wide selection of SAS/SATA HDD/SSD and PCIe NVMe SSD types and capacities.
- Provides I/O scalability with the onboard LOM interface and up to three PCI Express (PCIe) 3.0 I/O expansion slots in a 1U rack form factor.
- Reduces I/O latency and increases overall system performance with Intel Integrated I/O Technology that embeds the PCI Express 3.0 controller into the Intel processors.
Lenovo SR250 Availability and serviceability
The ThinkSystem SR250 7Y51A029EA server provides many features to simplify serviceability and increase system uptime:
- Offers ECC protection which provides error correction not available in PC-class “servers” that use parity memory.
- Provides easy access to upgrades and serviceable parts (such as memory DIMMs and adapter cards) with tool-less cover removal.
- Offers data protection and greater system uptime with a choice of affordable onboard SATA RAID or advanced hardware RAID redundancy, along with hot-swap drives (select models).
- Provides availability for business-critical applications with redundant hot-swap power supplies (select models).
- Allows preventive actions in advance of possible failure, thereby increasing server uptime and application availability with Proactive Platform Alerts (including PFA and SMART alerts) for memory, internal storage (SAS/SATA HDDs and SSDs, NVMe SSDs, M.2 SSDs), RAID controllers, and server ambient and sub-component temperatures.
- Continuously monitors system parameters, triggers alerts, and performs recovery actions in case of failure to minimize downtime with Built-in XClarity Controller (XCC).
- Provides quick access to system status, firmware, network, health, and alerts information via Virtual Operator Panel from the XClarity Mobile App running on the Android or iOS mobile device that is connected to the front USB port with XClarity Controller access.
- Speeds up troubleshooting tasks to reduce service time with diagnostics built into the XClarity Provisioning Manager.
Lenovo SR250 Model Specs
Model ThinkSystem SR250
Form/Chassis type Rack-mountable – 1U
Processor Xeon Six-Core
Processor Type Intel
Processor Speed Xeon Six-Core E-2146G 3.50 GHz
Processor Cache 12 MB
Chipset Intel C246
Lenovo SR250 Memory
Memory Type DDR4 SDRAM – ECC
Memory Std. 16 GB
Memory Max. 64 GB
Drives / Storage
Hard Disk Capacity No HD
Video Adapter Matrox G200
Lenovo SR250 Interfaces
Ports – Serial 1 x
Serial Ports USB 1 x USB 2.0 (1 in front)
1 x USB 3.1 Gen 1 (1 in front)
2 x USB 3.1 Gen 2Ports –
RJ-451 x Management – RJ-45
2 x LAN (Gigabit Ethernet) – RJ-45
Ports – Monitor 1 x VGA
Lenovo SR250 Networking / Connectivity
Network Interface Broadcom BCM5720
Voltage / Watt 450 Watt
Lenovo SR250 Dimensions
Width 43.4 cm (17.09 inches)
Depth 49.8 cm (19.61 inches)
Height 4.3 cm (1.69 inches)
Weight 9.1 kg (20.06 lb)