HP Smart Array P440ar 2GB Controller
The HPE Smart Array P440ar Controller is a Flexible Smart Array, 12Gb/s SAS RAID controller that provides enterprise-class storage performance, increased internal scalability with SAS Expander Card, and data protection for specific HPE ProLiant Gen9 rack and tower servers.
It features eight internal physical links and delivers increased server uptime by providing advanced storage functionality, including online RAID level migration between any RAID levels with flash backed write cache (FBWC), global online spare, and pre-failure warning.
The Gen9 family of controllers supports the HPE Smart Storage Battery.
With HP Smart Array P440ar Smart Storage Battery, multiple Smart Array controllers are supported without needing additional backup power sources for each controller, resulting in simple upgrade process.
HP 2GB Raid Controller Key Features
- HPE Smart Array P440ar with 2GB FBWC
12Gb 2-Ports Internal SAS Controller
- Storage interface (SAS/SATA)
o 8 physical links across 2 x4 internal ports
o 12Gb/s SAS, 6Gb/s SATA technology
o Mix-and-match SAS and SATA drives to the same controller
o Support for SAS tape drives, SAS tape autoloaders and SAS tape libraries
- 2 GiBytes Flash-Backed Write Cache (FBWC)
- PCI Express Gen3 x8 link
- RAID 0, 1, 10, 5, 50, 6, 60, 10 ADM (Advanced Data Mirroring)
- RAID or HBA mode
- Legacy and UEFI boot operation
- Up to 200 physical drives
- Up to 64 logical drives
- HPE SmartCache (optional license)
- HPE Secure Encryption (optional license)
- HPE SSD Smart Path
- VMware Virtual SAN certified
- Rapid Parity Initialization (RPI)
- Rapid rebuild
- Drive Erase
- Performance Optimization-Degraded Reads and Read Coalescing
- Power Efficiency
- Seamless upgrades to and from other HPE Smart Array controllers
- Flexible Smart Array controller (Daughter Card)
o Dimension: 5.3 x 4.1 x 1.2 in (13.46 x 10.414 x 3.05 cm)