Fortinet FortiSwitch 248E POE Secure Access Switches FS-248E-POE deliver a Secure, Simple, Scalable Ethernet solution with outstanding security,
performance and manageability for threat conscious small to mid-sized businesses, distributed enterprises and branch offices.
This single pane of glass management provides complete visibility and control of all users and devices on the network, regardless of how they connect.
Single Management Framework
- Reduces complexity and decreases management cost with network security functions managed through a single console via FortiGate
- This integration allows all users to be authenticated against the same user database, regardless of whether they connect to the wired or wireless network, including temporary guest users.
- In addition, same security policy can apply to a user or device regardless of how or where they connect to the network.
Fortinet FortiSwitch 248E POE Highlights
- Secure Access switches suitable for wire closet and desktop installations
- Devices are identified and users authenticated prior to being granted access to the network
- Centralized security management and reporting from FortiGate interface
- Up to 48 ports in a compact 1 RU form factor
- Stackable up to 256 switches per FortiGate depending on model
- Power over Ethernet capable, including PoE+
- Ideal for converged network environments; enabling voice, data and wireless traffic to be delivered across a single network
Regardless of how users and devices connect to the network
you have complete visibility and control over your network security and access through this single pane of glass, perfectly suited to threat conscious organizations of any size.
Virtualization and cloud computing have created dense high-bandwidth Ethernet networking requirements in the data center, pushing the limits of existing data center switching.
FortiSwitch Data Center switches meet these challenges by providing a high performance 10 or 40 GE capable switching platform, with a low Total Cost of Ownership.
Ideal for Top of Rack server or firewall aggregation applications, as well as enterprise network core or distribution deployments
these switches are purpose-built to meet the needs of today’s bandwidth intensive environments.
Fortinet FortiSwitch 248E POE Specifications
Total Network Interfaces : 48x GE RJ45 ports and 4x GE SFP ports
Dedicated Management 10/100 Port : 1
RJ-45 Serial Console Port : 1
Form Factor :1 RU Rack Mount
Power over Ethernet (PoE) Ports : 24 (802.3af/802.3at)
PoE Power Budget : 370 W
Mean Time Between Failures : > 10 years
Switching Capacity : 104 Gbps
Packets Per Second : 77.4 Mpps
MAC Address Storage : 16 K
Fortinet FortiSwitch 248E POE Network Latency : < 1µs
VLANs Supported : 4 K
Link Aggregation Group Size : 8
Total Link Aggregation Groups : 26
Packet Buffers : 1.5 MB
DRAM : 512 MB
FLASH : 128 MB
Height x Depth x Width (inches) : 1.73 x 16.1 x 17.3
Height x Depth x Width (mm) : 44 x 410 x 440
Fortinet FortiSwitch 248E POE Weight : 12.12 lbs (5.5 kg)
Power Required : 100–240V AC, 50–60 Hz
Power Supply : AC built in
Redundant Power : Optional FRPS-740
Power Consumption (Average / Maximum) : 457.46 W / 466.47 W
Fortinet FortiSwitch 248E POE Heat Dissipation : 177.14268 BTU/h
Operating Temperature : 32–122°F (0–50°C)
Storage Temperature : -4–158°F (-20–70°C)
Humidity : 10–90% non-condensing