EX2300-24P is a Juniper EX2300 switch with 24-port 10/100/1000BASE-T PoE+, 4 x 1/10GbE SFP/SFP+ (optics sold separately). EX2300 Ethernet Switch delivers a compact, high-density, cost-effective solution for small network environments where space and power are at a premium. With a small, 1 U footprint, the EX2300 is perfect for access-layer deployments in micro branches, retail and workgroup environments, and converged network access in larger networks.The Juniper Networks® EX2300 line of Ethernet switches offers a compact, highperformance solution for supporting today’s converged network access deployments. Each EX2300 switch includes an ASIC-based Packet Forwarding Engine (PFE) with an integrated CPU to consistently deliver wire-rate forwarding, even with all control plane features enabled. Based on existing, field-proven Juniper Networks technology, the PFE brings the same level of carrier-class performance and reliability to the EX2300 switches that Juniper Networks routers bring to the world’s largest service provider networks. Select EX2300 models also support the 802.3af Class 3 Power over Ethernet (PoE) and 802.3at PoE+ standards for supporting networked devices such as telephones, video cameras, IEEE 802.11ac WLAN access points, and videophones in converged networks. The PoE-enabled EX2300 switches include a maximum system budget of 750 watts to deliver up to 30 watts to select ports.
Additional features include:
• PoE-enabled EX2300 switches can simultaneously deliver up to 15.4 watts of standards-based 802.3af Class 3 PoE to a maximum of 48 ports or 30 watts of standards-based 802.3at PoE+ to a maximum of 24 ports, based on a total system budget of 750 watts.
• Uplink ports can be configured as Virtual Chassis interfaces and connected via standard 10GbE optics interfaces (optional Virtual Chassis license required)
• Fixed power supply and uplink ports ensure operational simplicity. • Low power consumption, low acoustic fans, and a small 10- inch deep footprint enable flexible, environmentally friendly deployment.
• Support for L2 protocols as well as L3 protocols like RIP and static routing are included in the base license.
• Support is available for IPv6 management, including neighbor discovery, telnet, SSH, DNS, system log, and NTP.
• A single release train for Juniper Networks Junos operating system is supported to ensure a consistent control plane feature implementation.
• Modular Junos OS prevents a switch reboot if a single protocol feature fails. • Built-in Web interface (Juniper Networks J-Web Software) is provided.
• RJ-45 serial console port is available.
• USB mini console port is included on 1GbE access switch models. • Out-of-band Ethernet management port is provided. • Reduction of Hazardous Waste (RoHS) is certified.