PowerVault ME4084 Storage Array
Dell ME Storage Series
- Up to 4.0PB capacity
- 84 x 3.5″ drive bays
- Up to 336 drives
- Intel 2-core, 2.2GHz
- Multi-protocols – SAS, iSCSI, Fibre Channel
- Dual Controller
- 12Gb SAS Backend
- All premium software features included
- Affordable ME4 Series, purpose-built and optimized for SAN/DAS simplicity and accelerated performance.
- Consolidate your storage with the new PowerVault ME4 Series storage for entry-level SAN and DAS workloads.
- The ME4 Series is ideal for accelerated performance for HPC, Exchange, backup, VDI and many more applications
Dell ME Storage Series All-around simplicity :
PowerVault ME4 Series provides features that simplify tasks such as system installation, configuration, and serviceability enabling IT generalists to manage resources more efficiently and focus on the bigger picture.
- Simple to order with all-inclusive software
- Customer installable/configurable in 15 minutes
- Intuitive web-based (HTML5) management
- Easily expandable without disruption
Dell ME Storage Series Protect your data :
Also, Keep your valuable information safe with these PowerVault ME Series features:
- Remote Replication: Replicate data to any global location that includes mirroring thin provisioned pools
- Snapshots: Easily recover files after accidental deletion or alteration with point-in-time copies of data
- Virtual Disk Copy (VDC): Enable quick and seamless virtual disk relocation and disk-based backup and recovery with a full, replicated copy of source data
- Self-encrypting drives (SEDs): Render data useless to unauthorized users with drive-level encryption, even if the drive has been removed from the enclosure
Dell ME Storage Series Improved hardware and performance
PowerVault ME Series storage is simple, fast, and affordable.
With dual core Intel Broadwell processors, active-active controllers, more drives and a faster back end, ME Series storage delivers :
- Up to 320K IOPs performance
- Up to 5500 MB/sec bandwidth
- Up to 4PB capacity (Use HDDs to 4PB in three 5U 84 drive dense enclosures)
- Performance at scale with 12G SAS backend
The ME4 Series base models include dual hot-swappable Intel controllers, iSCSI, Fibre Channel, and SAS protocols, support for 2U and 5U expansion enclosure options.
Dell ME Storage Series Simplified data management :
The DellEMC ME4 SAN Storage Array Series brings radical simplicity and exceptional affordability to the entry market.
Moreover, It’s simple to install and configure, comes with all-inclusive software and includes an intuitive web-based HTML5 GUI for “anywhere” management.
ME4 Series storage flexibly configures as DAS or SAN, all flash or hybrid, and you can mix HDD and SSD drives in the configuration.
Also, it includes built-in compatibility with Microsoft and VMware hypervisors simplifying physical and virtual resource management.
PowerVault Manager :
This web-based management GUI simplifies ME4 configuration tasks, alerts you to problems and provides a recovery guru to automatically help troubleshoot and resolve issues.
VMware vCenter Plug-In 6.7
Monitor, manage, provision and optimize storage for performance and availability across your virtual infrastructure.
Moreover, You can also implement Storage Replication Adapters (SRA) to simplify management of disaster recovery with centralized recovery plans.
Dell ME Storage Series Speed recovery with ADAPT Software :
Also, DellEMC ME4 SAN Storage Array Series ADAPT software protects data by dynamically distributing it across pools of drives.
In the event of a drive failure, ADAPT will identify the critical data and dynamically rebalance the data so the array can return to an optimal state faster than it would in the typical RAID environment.
- Saves time and money
- Faster drive rebuilds
- Add just the capacity you need
- Supports up to 1PB capacity or up to 128 drives.
Dell ME Storage Series Specification
Processor : Intel 2-core, 2.2GHz
Operating System : Microsoft Windows 2019, 2016 and 2012 R2, RHEL 8.0, 7.4, 6.9, SLES 12.3, VMware 6.7 U2, 6.5, 6.0, Microsoft Hyper-V , Citrix Xen Server 7.1.0, 7.6.0
Hard Drive : 12TB HDD 7.2K 512e SAS12 3.5 , 18TB Hard Drive SAS 12Gbps 7.2K 512e 3.5in Hot-Plug , 3.84TB SSD SAS Read Intensive 12Gbps 512e 2.5in PM5-R, 1 DWPD , 1.92TB SSD SAS Read Intensive 12Gbps 512 2.5in Hot-plug AG Drive , 960GB SSD SAS Read Intensive 12Gbps 512 2.5in Hot-plug AG Drive , 900GB HDD 15K 512n SAS12 2.5 , 1.2TB HDD 10K 512n SAS12 2.5 , 1.92TB SSD 512e SAS12 2.5 Read Intensive , 1.92TB SSD 512e 2.5 Mixed Use FIPS SED , 2.4TB HDD 10K 512e SAS12 2.5 , 2.4TB HDD 10K 512e SAS12 2.5 FIPS SED , 4TB HDD 7.2K 512n SAS12 3.5 , 8TB HDD 7.2K 512e SAS12 3.5 ,12TB HDD 7.2K 512e 3.5 FIPS SED , 3.84TB SSD SAS Read Intensive 12Gbps 512e 2.5in Hot-Plug AG Drive
Dell ME Storage Series Software : PowerVault ME4 Series provides simplified, all-inclusive software licensing, including :
Thin Provisioning : Allocate and consume physical storage capacity as needed in disk pools. Thin is virtual mode only.
SSD Read Cache : Increase execution speed of applications by caching previously read data
IP & FC Remote Replication : Safely replicate data to any global location that includes mirroring thin provisioned pools
Snapshots : Easily recover files after accidental deletion or alteration with Redirect on Write snaps
3 Level Tiering : Get great performance with less hardware expense
Volume Copy/Clones : Enable seamless volume relocation and disk-based backup and recovery with a full, replicated copy of source data