Cisco Catalyst IE3400 Rugged Series advanced Gigabit Network Advantage – switch – 10 ports – managed Ethernet connectivity modular switch purpose-built for industrial applications.
The Cisco Catalyst IE3400 Rugged Series switches deliver advanced, high-speed Gigabit Ethernet connectivity in a compact form factor, and Cisco 3400 designed for a wide range of industrial applications where hardened products are required.
The modular design of the Cisco Catalyst IE3400 Rugged Series offers the flexibility to expand up to 26 ports of Gigabit Ethernet with a range of expansion module options.
The platform is built to withstand harsh environments in manufacturing, energy, transportation, mining, smart cities, and oil and gas.
The Cisco Catalyst IE3400 platform is also ideal for extended enterprise deployments in outdoor spaces, warehouses, and distribution centers.
The Cisco Catalyst IE3400 Series runs Cisco IOS XE, a next-generation operating system with built-in security and trust, featuring secure boot, image signing, and the Cisco® Trust anchor module. Cisco IOS XE also provides API-driven configuration with open APIs and data models.
The Cisco Catalyst can be managed with powerful management tools such as Cisco 3400 DNA Center and Industrial Network Director, and can be easily set up with a completely redesigned, user-friendly, modern GUI tool called Web UI. The platform also supports Full Flexible Net Flow (FNF) for real-time visibility into traffic patterns and threat analysis with Cisco Steal thwatch .
The Cisco Catalyst IE3400 series (with expansion module) supports power budget of up to 480W for Poe/Poe+, shared across 24 ports, and is ideal for connecting PoE-powered end devices such as IP cameras, phones, wireless access points, sensors, and more.
Cisco Catalyst IE3400 Feature
Robust industrial design
● Built for harsh environments and temperature ranges (-40°C to +75°C)
● Finless, convection-cooled with no moving parts for extended durability
● Hardened for vibration, shock and surge, and electrical noise immunity
● Complies with multi-industry specifications for automation, ITS, and substation environments
● Improves uptime, performance, and safety of industrial systems and equipment
● Covers a wide range of Power over Ethernet (PoE) application requirements
● Alarm I/O for monitoring and signaling to external equipment
Full Gigabit Ethernet interfaces
● Provides secure access for new high-speed applications in the industrial space
● Packs up to 10 ports of GE – 2×1 Gigabit Small Form-Factor Pluggable (SFP) uplinks plus 8×1 Gigabit Copper or PoE+ RJ45 downlinks in a small form-factor base system
● Expandable to 26 ports of GE by attaching one of 10 compatible modules (copper, fiber options)
● Connects high-speed wireless access points (802.11n, 802.11ac)
● Enables High-Definition (HD) IP cameras and Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC)
● Supports delay-sensitive applications and time-sensitive networks
● Delivers multiple rings and redundant ring topology for new network configurations
● Extends geographical scalability where longer-distance connectivity is required
cisco 3400 switch High-density industrial Power over Ethernet (Poe)
● Supports up to 24 Poe/Poe+ ports or up to 8 Poe/Poe+ Ports and 4 “802.3bt type 4” Ports with the 2.5G expansion module 2 [System Power budget – 480W]
● Controls costs by limiting wiring, distribution panels, and circuit breakers
● Reduces equipment needs, thus requiring less space and reducing heat dissipation
● Enables ready-to-use Poe devices, such as IP phones, cameras, and wireless access points
User-friendly WEB-based UI (Web UI)
● Allows for easy configuration and monitoring
● Eliminates the need for more complex terminal emulation programs
● Reduces the cost of deployment
Swap Drive zero-configuration replacement
● True zero-configuration and simple switch replacement in case of a failure
● No networking expertise required
● Helps ensure fast recovery
Full Flexible Net Flow (FNF)
● Provides enhanced flow and threat visibility
● Enables optimization of the network infrastructure, reduces operation costs, and improves capacity planning and security incident detection
cisco 3400 switch Advanced Data plane features
● Parallel redundancy protocol (PRP) 1
● Advanced Security with SGT/SGACL
1Parallel Redundancy Protocol (PRP) is available on IE3400 base switch on select ports only (Gig1/1 – Gig1/4). Single instance of PRP is supported.
2Orderability currently planned for January, 2021
cisco 3400 switch Products overview
Table 2. Product feature sets
Product family : Platforms supported : Cisco IOS Software images (feature sets) supported
Cisco Catalyst IE3400 : IE3400 : Network Essentials1, Network Advantage1
- Check Networking Products and Wireless
- Aruba Switches
- Aruba Wireless
- Enterprise Spare Parts
- HPE Servers
- Transceiver & Cables
- Dell Servers
- Cisco LAN Switches
- Dell Network Switches
- Dell PowerSwitch
- Dell PowerSwitch For Data center
Ask us now for Cisco 3400 switch Egypt Quotation