Cisco Catalyst IE3400 Rugged Series advanced Gigabit Network Advantage - switch - 10 ports - managed Ethernet connectivity modular switch purpose-built for industrial applications.
The Cisco Catalyst IE3400 Rugged Series switches deliver advanced, high-speed Gigabit Ethernet connectivity in a compact form factor, and are designed for a wide range of industrial applications where hardened products are required. The modular design of the Cisco Catalyst IE3400 Rugged Series offers the flexibility to expand up to 26 ports of Gigabit Ethernet with a range of expansion module options. The platform is built to withstand harsh environments in manufacturing, energy, transportation, mining, smart cities, and oil and gas. The IE3400 platform is also ideal for extended enterprise deployments in outdoor spaces, warehouses, and distribution centers.
The IE3400 Series runs Cisco IOS® XE, a next-generation operating system with built-in security and trust, featuring secure boot, image signing, and the Cisco® Trust anchor module. Cisco IOS XE also provides API-driven configuration with open APIs and data models.
The Cisco Catalyst IE3400 Rugged Series can be managed with powerful management tools such as Cisco DNA Center and Industrial Network Director, and can be easily set up with a completely redesigned, user-friendly, modern GUI tool called WebUI. The platform also supports Full Flexible NetFlow (FNF) for real-time visibility into traffic patterns and threat analysis with Cisco Stealthwatch®.
The IE3400 series (with expansion module) supports power budget of up to 480W for PoE/PoE+, shared across 24 ports, and is ideal for connecting PoE-powered end devices such as IP cameras, phones, wireless access points, sensors, and more.
Robust industrial design
● Built for harsh environments and temperature ranges (-40°C to +75°C)
● Fanless, convection-cooled with no moving parts for extended durability
● Hardened for vibration, shock and surge, and electrical noise immunity
● Complies with multi-industry specifications for automation, ITS, and substation environments
● Improves uptime, performance, and safety of industrial systems and equipment
● Covers a wide range of Power over Ethernet (PoE) application requirements
● Alarm I/O for monitoring and signaling to external equipment
Full Gigabit Ethernet interfaces
● Provides secure access for new high-speed applications in the industrial space
● Packs up to 10 ports of GE - 2x1 Gigabit Small Form-Factor Pluggable (SFP) uplinks plus 8x1 Gigabit Copper or PoE+ RJ45 downlinks in a small form-factor base system
● Expandable to 26 ports of GE by attaching one of 10 compatible modules (copper, fiber options)
● Connects high-speed wireless access points (802.11n, 802.11ac)
● Enables High-Definition (HD) IP cameras and Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC)
● Supports delay-sensitive applications and time-sensitive networks
● Delivers multiple rings and redundant ring topology for new network configurations
● Extends geographical scalability where longer-distance connectivity is required
High-density industrial Power over Ethernet (PoE)
● Supports up to 24 PoE/PoE+ ports or up to 8 PoE/PoE+ Ports and 4 “802.3bt type 4” Ports with the 2.5G expansion module 2 [System Power budget - 480W]
● Controls costs by limiting wiring, distribution panels, and circuit breakers
● Reduces equipment needs, thus requiring less space and reducing heat dissipation
● Enables ready-to-use PoE devices, such as IP phones, cameras, and wireless access points
User-friendly WEB-based UI (WebUI)
● Allows for easy configuration and monitoring
● Eliminates the need for more complex terminal emulation programs
● Reduces the cost of deployment
SwapDrive zero-configuration replacement
● True zero-configuration and simple switch replacement in case of a failure
● No networking expertise required
● Helps ensure fast recovery
Full Flexible NetFlow (FNF)
● Provides enhanced flow and threat visibility
● Enables optimization of the network infrastructure, reduces operation costs, and improves capacity planning and security incident detection
Advanced Data plane features
● Parallel redundancy protocol (PRP) 1
● Advanced Security with SGT/SGACL
1Parallel Redundancy Protocol (PRP) is available on IE3400 base switch on select ports only (Gig1/1 - Gig1/4). Single instance of PRP is supported.
2Orderability currently planned for January, 2021
Table 2. Product feature sets
Cisco IOS Software images (feature sets) supported
Network Essentials1, Network Advantage1