Aruba 228 Access Point
Aruba 228 Access Point 802.11ac for rugged indoor locations
2.4-GHz (600 Mbps max) and 5-GHz (1.3 Gbps max) radios, each with 3×3 MIMO and three combined, diplexed external antenna connectors.
Rugged, indoor 228 wireless APs deliver gigabit Wi-Fi performance to 802.11ac mobile devices in harsh indoor environments such as warehouses and stadiums.
Its unique industrial design supports a wider range of temperatures for environments that lack heating and cooling.
The 228 also features six RP-SMA connectors for external high-gain antennas in large public venue.
With a maximum data rate of 1.3 Gbps in the 5-GHz band and 600 Mbps in the 2.4-GHz band, the 228 is three-times faster than 802.11n APs and provides performance similar to a wired connection.
Also for improved network simplicity and security, Dynamic Segmentation automatically enforces real-time device-level access policies on Aruba wired and wireless networks.
Aruba 228 Access Point SPECIFICATIONS
AP type : Indoor, dual radio, 5 GHz 802.11ac and 2.4 GHz 802.11n
- In addition to 802.11n data rates, the 2.4-GHz radio supports 802.11ac data rates using 256-QAM modulation.
- This gives TurboQAM-enabled clients a 33% boost above the maximum supported data rate.
Software-configurable dual radio supports 5 GHz and 2.4 GHz
3×3 MIMO with three spatial streams and up to 1.3 Gbps wireless data rate
Supported frequency bands (country-specific restrictions apply) :
- 2.4000 GHz to 2.4835 GHz
- 5.150 to 5.250 GHz
- 5.250 to 5.350 GHz
- 5.470 to 5.725 GHz
- 5.725 to 5.850 GHz
Available channels : Dependent on configured regulatory domain
Dynamic frequency selection (DFS) optimizes the use of available RF spectrum
Supported radio technologies :
- 802.11b: Direct-sequence spread-spectrum (DSSS)
- 802.11a/g/n/ac: Orthogonal frequency-division multiplexing (OFDM)
- 802.11n/ac: 3×3 MIMO with up to three spatial streams
Aruba 228 Access Point Supported modulation types :
- 802.11b: BPSK, QPSK, CCK
- 802.11a/g/n: BPSK, QPSK, 16-QAM, 64-QAM
- 802.11ac: BPSK, QPSK, 16-QAM, 64-QAM, 256-QAM
Transmit power : Configurable in increments of 0.5 dBm
Maximum (aggregate, conducted total) transmit power (limited by local regulatory requirements) :
- 2.4-GHz band: +28 dBm (23 dBm per chain)
- 5-GHz band: +28 dBm (23 dBm per chain)
Advanced Cellular Coexistence (ACC) feature to effectively deal with interference from cellular systems
Maximum ratio combining (MRC) for improved receiver performance
Cyclic delay diversity (CDD) for improved downlink RF performance
Short guard interval for 20-MHz, 40-MHz and 80-MHz channels
Space-time block coding (STBC) for increased range and improved reception
Low-density parity check (LDPC) for high-efficiency error correction and increased throughput
Transmit beam-forming (TxBF) for increased reliability in signal delivery
Aruba 228 Access Point Supported data rates (Mbps) :
- 802.11b: 1, 2, 5.5, 11
- 802.11a/g: 6, 9, 12, 18, 24, 36, 48, 54
- 802.11n: 6.5 to 450 (MCS0 to MCS23)
- 802.11ac: 6.5 to 1,300 (MCS0 to MCS9, NSS = 1 to 3)
802.11n high-throughput (HT) support : HT 20/40
802.11ac very high throughput (VHT) support : VHT 20/40/80
802.11n/ac packet aggregation : A-MPDU, A-MSDU